10.10.2008

For Ramla Roussel



The Sky Having Fallen, Have Clouds for Breakfast
21.4 x 29.5 cm
acrylic on paper
sue-ching you © 2008

Ramla and I had lunch together at Fritto Mistro. I was very surprised that she had been lived in various places: Germany for 2 years, several trips to Nepal from the past 10 years , India, China...

Ramla is an Angelina, and she used to work as an legal consultant before she came to the 18th Street Arts Center. She is a Tibetan Buddhism, and that is the reason why she has been traveling and living in Asia for years. She also is interested in studying Fengshui.

She asked me to paint "The sky having fallen, have clouds for breakfast". Ramla has been wanted to paint this optimistic attitude for a long time, and this attitude matches her personality well. She is a warm and soft spoken mom. Whenever I am around her, I feel calm and delightful. She has a very magical aura around her.

When the viewers see the paintings, I hope you will realize that an optimistic attitude is within yourselves. You are the one who is capable to see the bright side of any challenge. The painting is just a hint of reminder.

No comments: