10.01.2008

For Yumi Takayama



Sasha
26 x 29.3 cm
acrylic on paper
sue-ching you © 2008

Yumi went to the same college with me. We have a mutual friend, Francoise. When Francoise knew that I was going to be in Santa Monica. She gave me Yumi's e-mail, and we met again for the very first time after graduation in 1999.

She now lives in Santa Monica, married and have a two-year-old daughter. We had lunch together for catching up updates from each other.

She asked me to paint her daughter and she will give the painting to a couple who made the announcement of husband and wife for them at the wedding ceremony.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue-Ching,

Thank you for the wonderful painting of my daughter. As I said at first I looked at this painting, I smiled. Because it is really showing how she is; she is about to run. She is very active and always moving.

Since this is Give+Project and I can't keep this painting forever, I will keep this painting until she is 18 years or so, and give this to her. I will make sure that she will leave comment to give you some feed back at that time!

I have never imagine to see Sue-Ching in Santa Monica after almost 15 years since I graduated from the college. (I am certain that I graduated in 1994, not 1999!) It was truely great to see her again. I thought life is interesting.

I hope you pursue what you like to do and visit all over the world. But don't forget to write me a post card!

Yumi