9.11.2008

For Lola del Fresno



Love and Freedom
21.5 x 29.2 cm
acrylic on paper
sue-ching you © 2008

I met Lola at the Tacos Por Favor on Olympic and 14th. She was with Yoshi, Director of Santa Monica Art Studios. She is an artist, too. She creates large scale paintings on paper and mounted on cavas over wooden panel. I might see her on the open studio night this coming Saturday.

Lola wants me to paint something related to a heart and love, love + freedom.

Lola called and asked about why I painted her request as a woman in a pool. I told her that heart for expression of love has been used too often. If I paint a figure and you can feel her heart for love and freedom, then I think I have achieved what I want to deliver.

note from 11/11:
Lola came and picked up her painting on Sunday 11/9. We chat a bit. She is from Spain and has been living in Santa Monica for 3 years. She also lived in NYC for 3.5 years before she came to LA. Her projects are just like a projection of herself-elegant, delicate, spiritual; ambitious but remain low profile. Like Yvette, Lola creates large scale paintings, and I think it would be great to introduce them to know each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Sue Ching,

It's been wonderful meeting you and I'm so happy to participate in your project. After my visit to your studio I understood perfectly why you chose this image as a reflection of love+freedon. May you have love and lots of freedom in your life.
Thank you! :) Much love....

Lola